Mittwoch, 28. Oktober 2015

Yarn Along

After finishing the hat for my goddaughter I cast on a new hat. And finally this hat is going to be for ... me! All my family members have about two knitted hats, a lot of fresh babys wear a pixie hat I knit, it's only me who does not have any hat! So finally I cast on the Golden Autumn Leave hat for me. The yarn is Karisma from Drops in the colourway dark mustard. It is the first time that I read a knitting chart and it makes so much fun. It feels a bit like decoding and makes me wanting to reach the next line. It is also the first time for me to knit such a difficult pattern with abbreviations like C2BD I have never heard. Up to now I think there was no mistake. But I have to concentrate really hard...
When I am knitting there is not much reading for me. It is either knitting or reading for some time. Nevertheless I watched "The World According to Garp" lately on TV. I like the books of John Irving, especially "Hotel New Hampshire" or "Garp" and it was much fun to see the movie. Well, apparently half of the story isn't much fun and I was surprised by the end of the movie. Does the story end like this in the book? I have to look it up. The most memorable sentence of the book didn't appear in the movie: "Children of wrestlers have a strong neck. The neck of Walt wasn't strong enough." I have to think of this sentence often. It touches my heart.
And of course "The big undertoad"!
Watching the movie felt a bit like fast-forwarding the book.

And here are the other knitters joining Ginny's invitation.